PIPUK is pleased to announce that it is now accepting submissions for the UK Infant Mental Health Awards, presented in honour of its 2nd National Week on Infant Mental Health, 12-16 June 2017.
Infant Mental Health Awareness Week 2017 logo
Submission forms for the six award categories are now available – Nominations must be received by midnight 20 May 2017.
The theme for this year’s infant mental health awareness week is ‘Begin Before Birth’ to highlight the importance of giving every baby the best possible start in life beginning in pregnancy. They are, therefore, in particular seeking nominations from individuals, projects and organisations who are focused on pregnancy as a window of change for life chances.
The categories for the Award Ceremony are as follows:
- Andrea Leadsom Award for Outstanding contribution to the field of Infant Mental Health: For an exceptional, and inspirational individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the field of Infant Mental Health nationally.
- Analeaf Award for Infant Mental Health Services: For an exceptional Infant Mental Health service provider, who has demonstrated positive practice, and has improved outcomes for both children and, their families.
- Infant Mental Health Practitioner: For an exceptional Infant Mental Health practitioner who is innovative in his/her approach to the field of Infant Mental Health, and who continually delivers above, and beyond what is expected.
- Locality Award for Infant Mental Health Inclusion: For a Locality / or Trust that has developed an integrated, and inclusive Infant Mental Health service to improve the lives of vulnerable infants, toddlers, and their families.
- Infant Mental Health Researcher: For an individual researcher who has made a unique contribution to the growing body of knowledge thorough their research in the field of Infant Mental Health.
- People’s Choice Award: Nominations for this award will be made by an individual who has received support and / or treatment from an Infant Mental Health service provider they believe to be of exceptional quality, resulting in a positive experience, and improved wellbeing for their baby, toddler and/or family.
The awards are a key part of the 2nd Infant Mental Health Awareness Week (12-16 June 2017), accompanied by an exciting calendar of events with over 200 partner organisations participating which, in our inaugural year, saw a reach of ten million people engaged. The award will recognise excellence in the field of Infant Mental Health, and showcase examples of best practice, and research.
Nominations close on 20th May 2017. Nominations will not be received after this date to ensure a fair process and will be facilitated by a selection panel.