The iHV is constantly working hard to improve and develop our benefits for members. For only £3.75 per month, iHV membership will enable you to demonstrate your commitment to health visiting, giving a competitive boost to your CV and career.
This membership has been designed for students who are already a registered nurse/midwife and who are currently undertaking SCPHN training/qualification.
During the registration process, you will be asked to provide an Expected Qualifying Date for your Health Visitor Qualification. Your Student membership shall continue until this date. Your membership will then automatically be upgraded to Associate status, and fees according to this membership shall apply. More details available here. Should you need to amend this date at any time, please contact us.
Please note: Student membership is only available to new members.
Listed below are some of the benefits you would enjoy as a Student member of the Institute:
- Monthly e-iHV Times with latest news, evidence, reports, briefings and other relevant materials for the world of health visiting
- A certificate of membership
- Access to the latest tools, guidance and evidence-based materials to ensure that you can make a real difference to children
- Instant access to the members-only iHV resources to support and develop best practice
- Lower-cost CPD, training and face-to-face regional and national events
- Lower-cost entry to conferences on key topics for health visitors
Working groups in specialist areas
- Library of Good Practice Points to support and develop your practice
- Opportunity to work with the iHV on project work streams
Listen to some students talk about their membership of the Institute:
Monthly payment via GoCardless*
Our preferred payment option, GoCardless, allows you to pay monthly by Direct Debit. Unlike other payment methods, GoCardless keeps our administration costs to a minimum which makes a big difference to a small charity like the iHV.
If you are a UK taxpayer, the value of your membership fee can be increased by 25p for every £1 you donate under the Gift Aid scheme at no extra cost to you. Gift Aid is then reclaimed by the iHV from the tax you pay for the current tax year. Please read the declaration on the Application Form and tick the box if you are eligible and wish your donations to be treated in this way to boost your donation. Thank you.
Following registration, you will not be sent details of how to validate your membership and sign in to the website until a confirmed payment has been received, i.e. initial payment via direct debit.