International membership has been introduced for those living overseas who would like to have access to the latest evidence-based research, reports, briefings and other materials relevant to the work of the health visitor, as well as helping the Institute to raise international awareness of the important role of health visitors.
Available categories for International Membership
- International Associate: for qualified health visitors or equivalent, i.e. child health nurses, public health nurses, Child & Family health nurses, Plunket nurses, social nurses, lady health visitors and lady health workers, patronage nurses etc.
- International Friend: for doctors, policy makers and others interested in the work of the health visitor
- International Student: for student nurses currently studying to become health visitors or similar or other students who would benefit from this material
- International Group: for organisations who wish to register their health visitor workforce, enabling you to demonstrate your commitment as an employer, giving them the support and access to all the health visiting resources that are available through membership of the iHV. To request further details on International Group membership, please email email@example.com.
The Institute, a charity, is constantly working hard to develop and improve our benefits for members. iHV membership will enable you to demonstrate your commitment to health visiting, giving a competitive boost to your CV and career.
Listed below are some of the benefits you would enjoy as an International Associate/Student member of the iHV (this list is not exhaustive):
- Membership of a large and rapidly-growing international community of health visitors
- Opportunity to participate in our developments
- Monthly e-iHV Times with latest news, evidence, reports, briefings and other relevant materials for the world of health visiting
- Access to members-only practice forums to discuss and debate professional issues
- An electronic certificate of membership
- Instant access to the members-only iHV resources to support and develop best practice
- Access to the latest tools, guidance and evidence-based education and other materials to ensure that you can make a real difference to children
- Instant access to evidence-based digests on topics from sleep to food allergy
- Lower-cost CPD, training and UK-based face-to-face regional and national events
- Lower-cost entry to UK conferences on key topics for health visitors
In order to make our services accessible worldwide, we have based our International Membership fees on different country incomes. Therefore, your membership fee will depend on the country you live in.
Please select the type of membership you require (i.e. Associate, Student or Friend) and the country you reside in below to confirm the annual membership fee applicable to you.
Payment of Membership Fee
International Membership is only available on an annual basis with the fee being payable on application.
Payments are accepted via credit or debit card and shall be processed by our partnering payment gateway, Braintree.
As soon as your payment has been confirmed, you will be sent your welcome email containing details of how to register on the website.
We will contact you one month prior to your membership expiry to confirm whether you wish to continue your membership and will provide you with details of how future membership fees may be processed.
International Sign Up
Select your membership type, and the country you're from and we'll let you know the cost in your native currency.
Please be aware these calculations are made using rates from within the last 24 hours, and as such may not be completely accurate.
Due to restrictions with our payment processor, you will be charged in GBP regardless of your country of origin.