Welcome to iHV Insights – our webinars run just for our members.
These regular one-hour webinars aim to provide an easily accessible option for CPD and an opportunity to learn from leading experts in their field. All live sessions will be interactive and you will have the opportunity to ask questions.
The sessions will be of interest to frontline health visitors and student health visitors, as well as service leads, commissioners and wider members of the health visiting team.
Following each live session, the following will be made available to members on the links below:
- Webinar recording
- PDF of the slideset
- Record of Attendance/Reflection template to download and complete, just enter your name and the date that you joined the live iHV Insights or watched it online. Please note that this is a self-certification form, and you are accountable for accurately reporting your attendance alongside the iHV Insights Learning Record/reflection section that can be used as part of your revalidation evidence. Please ensure you download your certificate whilst available, for revalidation purposes.
Please note that these are resources for iHV members only – Login using your password to see and gain access to the iHV Insights webinar materials.
Resources will be accessible for 18 months after each webinar, in line with our review of keeping up-to-date resources.
If you’re not a member, please join us to get access to all of our resources.
The iHV is a self-funding charity – we can only be successful in our mission to strengthen health visiting practice if the health visiting profession and its supporters join us on our journey. We rely on our membership to develop new resources for our members. So do join us now!
Our next iHV Insights event:
When the worst happens: Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood (SUDC)
Date: Thurs 25 January 2024
There is a new call for action following the first national Round Table for Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood (SUDC), held in July 2023. The call is to improve training and improve care of families, across all professions working with parents. Unlike SIDS, there is currently no known way to reduce the risk of SUDC. Affecting approximately 40 children per year, the majority of deaths are seen in the 1-2 year age group. There is a role for health visitors to support parents confidently and to understand how they can help at the time of loss, and in the future in any subsequent pregnancies. We are bringing together speakers to share the evidence and their experience of loss.
- Nikki Speed – CEO & Co-founder SUDC-UK
- Emily Cooper – Parent with experience of SUDC
- Isobel McDougall – Health Visitor
Future dates for your diary
We are delighted to announce dates for our 2024 iHV Insights events – save the dates in your calendar and join us! Check back soon for topics and booking details.
- 25 January 15:30-16:30 – When the worst happens: Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood (SUDC) – book your place
- 29 February 15:30-16:30 – book your place
- 25 April 15:30-16:30
- 23 May 15:30-16:30
- 15 August 15:30-16:30
- 26 September 15:30-16:30
- 24 October 15:30-16:30
- 21 November 15:30-16:30
* Our iHV Insights are regularly scheduled. Whilst we’d like to publish topics in advance, we will confirm those closer to the time to ensure that they are the topics that are current. When booking your member place, go to the booking page and login with your iHV member email address and password. You must have ‘validated’ your membership in order for this to work. Once you have logged in, you will be able to select your ticket, submit your details and proceed to checkout. On the day of the event, you will be automatically emailed the link to join the webinar.
Previous 2023 iHV Insights
- 19 January 2023 – Domestic Abuse
- 23 February 2023 – Raising awareness of Group A Streptococcus and childhood influenza infections
- 23 March 2023 – Supporting you in practice – Current health visiting practice topics
- 20 April 2023 – The Problem with Poo
- 18 May 2023 – Using the Family Partnership Model to support families achieve health in challenging times
- 20 July 2023 15:30-16:30 – Poverty – supporting you to influence practice
- 17 August 2023 15:30-16:30 – SCPHN Students: Preceptorship and beyond
- 19 October 2023 15:30-16:30 – PIMH – Supporting infant regulation: a relational approach
Login using your member password to access iHV Insights webinar materials via the dropdowns on the pink plus signs below.