We are pleased to share our upcoming member-only networking events.
Following the success of these virtual networking sessions at our virtual iHV conferences in 2020 and further to requests from our members, we launched these opportunities for you to join us to share your experiences in practice and collaborate with colleagues across the UK.
Networking dates 2024
- 30 January, 15:00-16:30 – Corporate Service Leads Networking – book here
- 7 February, 09:30-11:30 – Practice Education Networking – book here
- 13 February, 12:00-13:00 – Retired Members Networking
- 21 February, 15:30-16:30 – SCPHN Student Health Visitor Networking – book here
- 14 March – SEND Networking
- 27 March, 09:30-11:30 – Research Networking – book here
- 30 April, 15:00-16:30 – Corporate Service Leads Networking – book here
- 8 May, 15:30-16:30 – SCPHN Student Health Visitor Networking
- 14 May, 12:00-13:00 – Retired Members Networking
- 16 May, 09:30-11:30 – Research Networking
- 2 July, 14:00-16:00 – SEND Networking
- 9 July, 15:00-16:00 – Corporate Service Leads Networking
- 6 August, 12:00-13:00 – Retired Members Networking
- 2 October, 09:30-11:30 – Practice Education Networking
- 9 October, 15:30-16:30 – SCPHN Student Health Visitor Networking
- 15 October, 15:00-16:30 – Corporate Service Leads Networking
- 5 November, 14:00-16:00 – SEND Networking
- 12 November, 12:00-13:00 – Retired Members Networking
- 27 November, 09:30-11:30 – Research Networking
Please note the dates of our member networking events – and don’t forget you need your iHV membership number to access your ticket when event bookings open.
Click on the pink plus signs below to find out more about each type of network:
NEW: Research Networking
We are delighted to introduce new research networking events for all iHV members, to find out what’s happening in the world of health visiting research, including national developments, sharing experiences and an opportunity for networking. We welcome all members who are either active or thinking about engaging in research at any stage of your career.
Research Networking dates 2024
- 27 March, 09:30-11:30 – book here
- 16 May, 09:30-11:30
- 27 November, 09:30-11:30
iHV Practice Education Networking Events
- Are you involved in educating health visitor students within their SCPHN programme?
- Are you a practice assessor/ teacher or practice supervisor?
- Are you a SCPHN Lecturer or programme lead?
- If so, Welcome to this space!
These member networking events are an opportunity to share good practice and learn together to shape leadership in practice education. We very much see this as a two-way process and the Networking Events also provide an opportunity for us to update you on our workstreams and the national direction. We look forward to working closely with you so that, collectively, we “get it right” for families and the health visiting workforce.
Practice Education Networking dates 2024
- 7 February, 09:30-11:30 – book here
- 2 October, 09:30-11:30
*NEW* Retired Members Networking
We are delighted to have established retired iHV member networking events for 2023. There is so much knowledge, wisdom and experience amongst our iHV retired members and a feeling of wanting to stay connected to practice, maintain professional identity as health visitors, contribute to the health visiting profession and support the work of the iHV.
There might be multiple other individual reasons for attending a retired iHV member group and therefore it would be a principle that those who attend the group have an opportunity to share and influence the content of sessions. It will be a very flexible and responsive group, that can reflect the diversity and interests of its members. We envisage it being user led for these reasons.
The iHV will send out the invites to members in advance with a reminder of the Zoom link and dates and times a few days before.
If you have any questions related to this network please contact Diane Massey, Head of Professional Services on [email protected]
Retired Members Networking dates 2024
- 13 February, 12:00-13:00
- 14 May, 12:00-13:00
- 6 August, 12:00-13:00
- 12 November, 12:00-13:00
iHV Corporate Service Leads Networking Events
As we look to the future, with health visiting facing so many changes alongside so many challenges to improving outcomes for children in the earliest years, there is a lot at stake and it’s imperative that we “get it right” for families and the health visiting workforce.
At the iHV we want to ensure that we remain relevant and responsive to current issues to help us in our function as an “independent voice” for health visiting.
To help us work more closely with you, we launched our “Corporate Service Leads Networking Events”. These events are by invite only for our valued iHV corporate service leads, and they aim to shape our work to ensure we provide the direction and services that you need to lead your work during these times.
If you are a HV Service Lead and want to find out more, please contact [email protected]
This is an opportunity for you to share current issues, innovations and service priorities with colleagues from around the country. Having a better understanding of current issues will also help us in our work with the Government, enabling us to provide an accurate and up-to-date picture of any urgent matters that require their attention, as well as a vehicle for sharing best practice examples and solutions. We very much see this as a two-way process and these Networking Events also provide an opportunity for us to update you on our workstreams and the national direction.
Corporate Service Leads Networking dates 2024
All events below will be held from 15:00-16:30 and will be by invitation only.
We are looking forward to continuing to work closely with you all in 2024.
*NEW* SCPHN Student Health Visitor Networking Events
We are delighted to announce the return of our networking events for SCPHN student health visitors. Join us and learn together on topics that you as student health visitors identify as important to you, as you journey through your SCPHN programme.
These events are applicable for all student health visitors, whether you are currently working through the SCPHN training programme or transitioning to newly qualified health visitor. These networking events will offer you as an iHV member opportunities to network, share experiences, and learn about health visiting practice from colleagues across the UK.
We look forward to facilitating opportunities to bring you together to discuss what is important to you as valued members of the next generation of health visitors.
SCPHN Student Health Visitor Networking dates 2024
- 21 February – book here
- 8 May
- 9 October