Birth trauma is another name for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after birth. In the UK alone, an estimated 1 in 25 women a year develop PTSD and even more, 1 in 5, find birth traumatic. Some partners suffer PTSD too, from witnessing a traumatic birth.
These Parents Tips, developed with experts and the Birth Trauma Association cover:
- What are the symptoms of birth trauma?
- Is birth trauma the same as Postnatal Depression (PND)?
- Why can’t I get over my birth trauma?
- How is birth trauma treated?
- I’d like to have another baby again, but I’m scared. What can I do?
- Where can I get help if I have birth trauma?