We had such an inspiring day at iHV’s annual Leadership Conference – Translating Vision into Reality – #iHVLeadership2022
Held on 7 December 2022 at Woburn House Conference Centre in London, it was our first hybrid conference, combining both in-person and online delegates, and it was fantastic to have so many of you join us!
The key focus of this year’s Leadership Conference was to explore what more needs to be done to address deep-seated issues in the health and care system, how to maximise the role of health visiting through visible leadership and by building a strong, collective voice to drive forwards transformation and advocate for social justice.
Programme and Speakers
We were privileged to be joined by a number of very eminent speakers, including:
- Prof Sir Michael Marmot, Dr Jeanelle de Gruchy (England’s Deputy Chief Medical Officer)
- Ruth Endacott (Director of Nursing and Midwifery, National Institute for Health and Care Research)
- Larry Doi (Senior Lecturer, University of Edinburgh)
- Gillian Turner (Office for Health Improvement and Disparities)
- Alison Morton (Executive Director , Institute of Health Visiting)
- Karen Whittaker (Education and Workforce Lead, Institute of Health Visiting)
- Professor Jamie Waterall (Deputy Chief Public Health Nurse, Office for Health Improvement & Disparities, Department of Health & Social Care)
- Professor Charlotte McArdle (Deputy Chief Nursing Officer – Safety and Improvement, NHS England)
- Kenny Gibson (Deputy Director for NHS Safeguarding, NHS England)
- Sharon White (CEO, School and Public Health Nurses Association)
- Alis Rasul (Strategy Lead for Community Engagement and Service Equalities, IHV Trustee and student in Doctorate for Population Health
- Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and The Institute of Health Visiting)
- Vicky Gilroy (Head of Projects and Evaluation, Institute of Health Visiting)
- Diane Massey (Head of Professional Services, Institute of Health Visiting)
A big thank you to all our speakers, presenters and exhibitors for helping to make the day such a success!
A special celebration
Our conference this year also marked the 10th Anniversary of the Institute of Health Visiting – it was the perfect occasion to celebrate the very best of health visiting and the vital part that it plays in improving health and reducing inequalities. As part of this celebration, we were absolutely delighted to launch our brand new short film: ‘Health visiting in your community’. This inspiring film showcases the breadth of health visitors’ work and their critical role in supporting the health and wellbeing of thousands and thousands of families every week, and received a standing ovation from delegates at the conference! Find out more and view the film here.
Re-energised and re-connected
As well as exploring the biggest public health challenges facing families with babies and children in the UK, and the most recent policy and evidence to equip leaders to build and deliver services to improve health outcomes and reduce health inequalities, this year’s Leadership Conference provided plenty of opportunities for in-depth panel discussions, networking and the chance to meet the iHV team.
We also had some fantastic entertainment throughout the day from ‘The Elastic Band’! The fabulous Kenny Gibson MBE (Deputy Director – NHS Safeguarding, NHS England), Sharon White (CEO, School and Public Health Nurses Association), Georgina Mayes (Policy and Quality Lead
Institute of Health Visiting), Chris Anderson (Paediatrician, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust), Dr Ruth Oshikanlu (Independent Health Visitor and Executive Director, Goal Mind) and Emily Hackett (Adviser – Public Health), got us all moving, singing and feeling empowered and proud of the fabulous work we are all doing each and every day!
Some of the Feedback
“A fantastic day thank you! Feeling inspired and honoured to be a HV! The Elastic Band led by @kennygibsonnhs brightened my day… still singing!”
“What a fabulous conference yesterday so much to reflect on. Fantastic to see so many familiar faces & soak up energy & buzz in the room. The new iHV film on what HVs do was launched & got a standing ovation!”
“Fabulous presentation thank you so much @MichaelMarmot you are brilliant-keep doing the amazing work you do. Speaking evidence & truth to power #iHVLeadership2022”
“Feeling very inspired after hearing from so many excellent speakers at the #iHVLeadership2022 conference today!”