10 March 2020
COVID-19 – statement on iHV’s Evidence-based Practice Conference 2020
Since the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have received some queries about our upcoming Evidence-based conference, scheduled to take place in Manchester on 12-13 May 2020. At this time we are continuing preparations for the event, following UK Government advice. We provide more detailed guidance below.
As of the date of this communication, the iHV Executive have decided to continue preparations for the conference and have no immediate plans to cancel or postpone the event.
- The iHV is closely following the advice and reports of the UK Government, who thus far have not issued any specific restrictions on the staging of events of this size. They have issued travel advice, outlining self-monitoring measures following travel from affected areas. Conference delegates are asked to follow the latest travel advice by the UK Government.
- Any who are due to attend iHV Evidence-based Practice Conference and are affected by this advice should notify the iHV Events team at [email protected] as soon as possible.
- If the UK Government advice does change, and the iHV is forced to cancel or postpone the conference, we will try to postpone it as we have a fabulous programme already in place.
- In the case of cancellation, registered delegates will receive a full refund of the fees paid. However, the iHV is not responsible for any travel, accommodation or any other costs that may have been incurred in relation to their attendance at the conference.
- The same rules will apply to a delegate unable to attend an iHV event due to travel restrictions imposed by the UK or their national government; a full refund of fees will be given, where documentary evidence is provided but where possible we will hope to offer an alternative date.
- If you have any queries or concerns, please contact [email protected]