Healthy Weight, Healthy Nutrition Champions Training
(refreshed training programme)
We are pleased to offer refreshed training for our highly acclaimed ‘Champions’ training portfolio, which will offer participants the opportunity to continue delivering a cascade training role for their organisation.
With the support of our colleagues at First Steps Nutrition, our one-day training programme is revised and designed to update participants around the latest evidence base for healthy weight and nutrition for young families.
The associated cascade training is framed across 6 modules which can be delivered as a one-day programme to colleagues, or as a series of six 2-hour sessions with individual resources and lesson plans.
- Module One: Food, nutrition and healthy families
- Module Two: Nutrition, fertility and healthy pregnancy
- Module Three: Infant feeding (can be optional, dependent on BFI training available to support this element locally)
- Module Four: Introducing food to infants and eating well in the first year
- Module Five: Eating well for 1-4 year olds
- Module Six: Early intervention and prevention with a focus on childhood obesity
Attributes of a Healthy Weight Healthy Nutrition Champion
- Current professional interest in the subject area, e.g. obesity pathway lead role, support to projects related to nutrition or physical activity or a genuine interest in healthy nutrition and a willingness to develop knowledge as a specialist subject area;
- Teaching capacity, e.g. an enthusiasm for sharing information with colleagues – a teaching qualification is not essential but you will need to have the confidence to deliver the cascade training;
- Organisation ability, e.g. aptitude to efficiently organise your cascade training sessions using the trainer pack and resources provided and provide evaluation evidence to the iHV.