The HEE/NIHR Integrated Clinical Academic Internships Scheme across the North of England region is now open for applications for the 2018/19 cohort .
The scheme provides a range of both taught and academically supervised interventions that both engage and expose the intern to the clinical academic research environment and also provide them with the practical skills to undertake a research project supported by an expert clinical academic supervisor. The key components to the internship programme are:
- a Clinical Academic Research Experience supported by supervision and research mentorship for 30 days.
- an Educational Learning Package comprising of 4 days face to face learning and 4 days equivalent online distance learning.
By the end of the programme they hope that participants will have the confidence to apply their newly-learned skills within their employing Trusts, become research champions, and consider a future clinical academic career to include formally accredited education programmes, either within the HEE/NIHR Integrated Clinical Academic Programme, or via other routes. Interns will also benefit from an enhanced ability to apply successfully for further formal research training.
It is a 3-stage application process as follows:
- All applicants are required to submit an Expression of Interest before Friday 20 April 2018. These will be assessed against the eligibility criteria.
- Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will be invited to submit a full application. The closing date for applications is Friday 4 May 2018. Applications will be shortlisted with the highest scoring applicants being invited to interview.
- Interviews will be held on Monday 18 June 2018 in Sheffield, Tuesday 19 June 2018 in Newcastle, and Thursday 21 June 2018 in Manchester. Where possible, we will allocate you to an interview venue closest to your place of work.
For further details or to submit your Expression of Interest, see the website at www.shu.ac.uk/icainternships and follow on Twitter @ICAINorth