PHE and Unicef UK are delighted to announce the launch of “Commissioning Infant Feeding Services: A toolkit for Local Authorities”.
This publication provides guidance to help local commissioners protect, promote and support breastfeeding. The document is jointly branded by Public Health England and Unicef UK and includes endorsements from:
- Sally Davis, Chief Medical Officer
- Viv Bennett, Chief Nurse
- Kevin Fenton, Director, Public Health England
The document has several parts:
- Summary: highlights key messages and themes.
- Part 1, Infographics: these colourful, easy to use slides give a concise and accessible overview. Please feel free to use these in your own presentations.
- Part 2, Toolkit: details what success would look like for a commissioner working within their local authority to promote, protect and support breastfeeding.
- Part 3, Data: sets out guidance on effective data collection, monitoring and reporting.