Great opportunity for iHV members interested in research
Are you passionate about research to support health visiting practice? An exciting opportunity has arisen for our members as part of research developments within the Institute of Health Visiting. We are working with the National Institute for Health Research to appoint a Health Visitor Research Champion within each Local Clinical Research Network (LCRN).
As a Champion you would be:
- Working collaboratively with the iHV, NIHR, relevant research teams and other champions to support the development of portfolios of research
- Working together to increase health visitor contribution to research studies
- Supporting the development of a research-rich culture within the health visiting workforce
- Contributing to a national forum of Champions including attendance at 3 National forum meetings a year
- Contributing to national activities of the forum and health visiting including sharing of good practice and development of new ways of working
- Supporting the creation of opportunities for more research careers in health visiting
We are looking for health visitors who have a masters, a doctorate or working towards one, and also some existing or prior direct involvement in research, as well as being a member of the iHV.
If you are interested, please go to the research section of our website for a more detailed role description and application form – please note that only iHV members can access the information sheet and application form.
Closing date: 22 June 2018 – please complete an application form and send it with a CV to: [email protected]
Date of first meeting for cohort 1: 10 or 18 July 2018 – TBC
A second cohort will be recruited in October if you can’t make the first set of dates.