Our NIHR/iHV Research Champions are health visitors who are passionate about research to support health visiting practice – they are aligned to the Clinical Research Network regions.
- Work collaboratively with the iHV, National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), relevant research teams and other Champions to support the development of portfolios of research
- Work together to increase health visitor contribution to research studies
- Support the development of a research-rich culture within the health visiting workforce
- Contribute to a national forum of Champions including attendance at 3 National forum meetings a year
- Contribute to national activities of the forum and health visiting including sharing of good practice and development of new ways of working
- Support the creation of opportunities for more research careers in health visiting