30th April 2021
This New Nursing Times Award has been introduced this year to recognise the important role that the nursing profession plays in promoting and protecting the public’s health – and we think it would be great for a health visitor to win!
Nursing Times is keen to recognise the leadership of specialist public health nurses, such as health visitors, school nurses and health protection practitioners – the entry is open to all nurses who play a role in protecting and improving the public’s health.
This award is open to individuals and teams working in the NHS, local government, social care or independent sector. Entrants must be able to demonstrate their work has made an important improvement in promoting and protecting the public’s health.
Examples might include initiatives to:
- Increase physical activity or tackle obesity
- Improve access to screening or immunisation programmes
- Develop services in specialist public health services such as health visiting and school nursing
- Address health inequalities
Each entry will be judged against the following criteria:
- Innovation: originality of the idea
- Value: impact of the initiative on patient care and/or service effectiveness
- Patient focus: evidence that patient/service user need was central to the work
- Collaboration: evidence of the involvement of other professionals, services and/or patients in the project
- Clinical effectiveness: data demonstrating how this initiative drives clinical enhancements
- Leadership: evidence of entrants championing their innovation in their organisation or more widely
- Adaptability: ideas that could be adapted for use elsewhere in entrants’ organisations or other organisations
- Sustainability: initiatives that can be embedded within organisations to operate without the input of the people who developed them
This category is endorsed by Public Health England’s All Our Health framework.
The entry deadline for the Nursing Times Awards is Friday 4 June 2021. The winners will be announced at Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane, London on Wednesday 27 October 2021.