Validate your membership/access to the iHV Champion hub here to receive your password.
Not a member? Join here.

New campaign highlights dangers of swallowing button batteries

6th April 2022

This week, the Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS) has launched a campaign to raise awareness of the dangers of button batteries and other items that are commonly ingested by children.


If swallowed, button batteries (also known as button cell batteries or coin batteries) can burn through the throat or stomach and can cause major damage to other internal organs.


The #NilByMouth campaign will focus on equipping local practitioners and families with knowledge on how to prevent young children from ingesting these batteries, as well as other dangerous items such as magnets and household cleaning products.

Share the video below, and download and share the poster on the link below.

OPSS is keen for groups, businesses, and individuals to support and share the materials on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram by using the hashtag #nilbymouth.

Join the conversation