5th September 2023
Exciting job opportunity with the Institute
Professional Development Officer – Perinatal and Infant Mental Health
- A dynamic and motivated professional?
- Passionate and knowledgeable about perinatal and infant mental health?
- Able to deliver high quality training to meet the needs of multi-agency audiences?
If yes, then come join us.
The iHV is seeking to appoint a Perinatal and Infant Mental Health (PIMH) Professional Development Officer to join its existing well-established mental health team. The successful post holder will be an NMC registrant (nurse, midwife or health visitor) with additional knowledge and experience in the field of perinatal mental health and a proven track record of experience of training delivery. This exciting opportunity is offered to grow the capacity of the existing team and provide an opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career with experience of working for the Institute.
As Professional Development Officer – PIMH, you will work as part of the iHV Mental Health team and act as the lead trainer (working with a co-trainer) delivering specific PIMH training events for multi-agency and uni-professional audiences. You will prioritise the quality of participant learning and ensure these events are delivered to the highest standard to meet our contractual obligations to our stakeholders (commissioners, grant funding bodies and individual participants).
As Professional Development Officer – PIMH you will:
- Be home-based and work remotely with the iHV Mental Health and Training Teams to deliver high quality virtual training events (with tech support).
- Deliver in-person training events on occasion and support iHV conferences – this will entail some travel and overnight stays.
- Participate in any opportunities that arise to represent iHV at national mental health meetings and potentially support projects and practice developments within the team that require mental health expertise or peer review.
This post will offer the right candidate a unique opportunity to develop further in the field of perinatal and infant mental health working with a fabulous, respected team delivering acclaimed training programmes at a national level. The Institute offers a competitive pension scheme.
Applications close: 9am Monday 25 September 2023. Shortlisting and notification will be undertaken during week of 02/10/23.
Interviews: Wednesday 18 October 2023
For further information or an informal conversation about this post please contact: