10th January 2019
We are delighted to offer the opportunity to present your practice development or research at our 4th evidence-based conference – Delivering best practice in health visiting (being held on Thursday 9 May 2018 in Manchester). The conference is focused on delivering best practice in health visiting.
Abstracts will be considered on the following areas:
- Maximising health visiting’s prescribing potential
- Role of health visitors in immunisation
- Encouraging optimal childhood nutrition
- Promoting oral health and sugar reduction
- Getting families active
- Managing atopic conditions in early childhood
- Early identification of childhood disorders
- Early detection of speech, language and communication delay
- Identifying and addressing non-specific learning difficulties
- Innovation in safeguarding
- Addressing domestic abuse in families
- Innovation in promoting sleep
- Effective working with couple relationships
- Identifying and addressing mental health issues in pre-school children
- Working with fathers
- Working with excluded families
- Addressing health inequalities
- Promoting leadership in health visiting
- Creating effective integration with the early years work force
Abstract Submission and Timeline
- The abstract should be no more than 250 words and provide an overview of your practice development or research, clearly indicating the impact on health visiting practice.
- Please structure your abstract as follows:
- Also, please tell us whether you would like to present this as an oral presentation or poster.
- Please submit your abstract as a Microsoft Word document to Julie.Cooper@ihv.org.uk.
- The abstract submission deadline is 28 February 2019.
- After an iHV peer-review process, participants will be informed of acceptance of abstracts for either oral presentation or or a poster by the middle of March.
- Full guidance on the poster and oral presentation delivery format will be provided if your abstract is successful.
It is important that you book to secure your conference place on or before the final registration deadline for accepting your offer to present.
- please note that our booking system is not yet live – so in the meantime, please hold the date in your diary – Thursday 9 May