Attributes of a Champion include:
- Having a passion or interest in perinatal and infant mental health
- Being a good communicator
- Having the confidence to train others from a lesson plan and resources. Does not necessarily need a formal teaching qualification but experience of providing teaching to groups of colleagues
- Being organised and able to evidence delivery of group events on a regular schedule around their current workload
- Having support of their employer to undertake the role to maximise impact, and opportunity to improve outcomes for women and their families perinatally.