4th December 2019
We had an incredibly inspiring and motivating day at iHV’s annual Leadership Conference yesterday!
iHV’s Leadership for the future Conference (#iHVLeadership19), held on 3 December 2019 in London, was a fantastic opportunity for health professionals across the country to find out the latest in leadership in health visiting practice among like-minded professionals and peers, as well as finding out the latest on our evidence-based blue print to rebuild health visiting services – ‘Health Visiting in England: A Vision for the Future’.
Tickets were sold out and we had a full house of 200 who listened to our inspirational and passionate speakers:
- Sir Al Aynsley-Green, Professor of Advocacy for Children and Childhood, at Nottingham Trent University and former First Children’s Commissioner for England
- Professor Dame Sue Hill DBE, Chief Scientific Officer NHS England, national lead for Genomics
- LEGO Professor of Play, Dr Paul Ramchandani
- Professor Jim McManus, Vice President, Association of Directors of Public Health
- Pauline Beirne, National Lead AHP CYP, Scottish Government
- Sally Hogg, Head of Policy and Campaigning, Parent-Infant Foundation
- Angie Emrys-Jones, a mum with loved experience
- Caroline Palmer, ChatHealth
- Julie Carter-Lindsay, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Alison Morton, Director of Policy and Quality, iHV
In addition, our Guest speaker of our annual lecture was:
- Professor Mitch Blair, Professor of Paediatrics and Child Public Health, Imperial College London.
A big thank you to all our speakers, presenters and exhibitors for helping to make the day.
Some of the amazing feedback we have already received:
“Thank you iHV for the fantastic Leadership Conference yesterday. Inspirational speakers who delivered with humility. I am ready for the disruption”
“So much to share & debate. Reflecting this morning on inspiring colleagues, conversations and opportunities to take forward. Thank you”
“Thank you @ for hosting such an inspiring and invigorating iHV Leadership Conference.”
“Fantastic time out for reflection and updates from great speakers”
“En route home after the BEST day at @ leadership conference. I don’t need a title to be a leader. Just the willingness to be disruptive and to ‘bang the bloody door down’ of anyone who isn’t willing to listen!!”
“Such a fab day. So much to think about. Thank you @ @ and the team behind today’s # conference in #. Won’t lie, head is full but so much passion for the HV service is out there, we need to make sure we keep shouting about the work we do”
We have made a short video of some of the photos taken yesterday:
Tweets from #iHVLeadership19
For those of you who could not either join us yesterday or could not follow the #iHVLeadership19 hashtag on Twitter, we’ve collected and made a little “Wakelet” collection of the day’s tweets so you can follow some of what was shared. Please see below.