6th January 2021
Specialist Health Visitors working with families experiencing homelessness have created the Medact / QNI Homeless Health Programme petition ‘Healthy Housing is a Human Right’ asking for an immediate Government inquiry into the plight of homeless families currently in temporary accommodation and automatic health and education rights for children.
This call is supported by many other agencies including iHV, Pathway, Shared Health Foundation, LNNM, RCN and CPHVA.
Will you join us in calling for the Government to:
- Conduct an immediate Government Inquiry into the plight of families experiencing homelessness in temporary accommodation
- Guarantee that individuals and families who are destitute are always placed in accommodation, no matter their immigration status
- Ensure children who are experiencing homelessness are given automatic health and education rights
- Provide priority access to NHS services for children experiencing homelessness, ensuring that a lack of ability to provide address ID is never a barrier to services
- Increase the number of specialist Health Visitors and School Nurses to meet the needs of the increasing number of families experiencing homelessness
- Recognise homelessness as an Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE)
Please could you support this campaign by signing the petition here.