4th November 2016
Short weekly update from the CEO of Public Health England (PHE), including:
- UK Public Health Rapid Support Team – launched on Tuesday, this specialist team of health experts will be ready to deployto tackle a health crisis anywhere in the world within 48 hours – where speed is key in dealing with public health emergencies
- Local Tobacco Control Profiles were updated
- A number of updates to the Public Health Outcomes Framework
- Improving Lives: Work, Health and Disability – a green paper that proposes a new plan to halve the disability employment gap by 2020 including for those with long-term conditions
- A recent paper published by PHE highlights some of the work of the police collaborating with health to improve outcomes for local people through innovation and collaboration
- The Five Year Forward View for Mental Health recommends that every local area should have a suicide prevention plan in place by 2017 – and PHE has published guidance on this.