28th October 2016
Short weekly update from the CEO of Public Health England (PHE), including:
- attendance at the 2016 Annual Meeting of the International Association of National Public Health Institutes (IANPHI) in Shanghai – where Duncan Selbie was elected to the Executive Board of IANPHI
- decrease in the number of cases of tuberculosis (TB) in England
- Exercise Cygnus which was a vital exercise to test and ensure our systems across PHE, local government and the NHS are fully prepared for a future pandemic, which PHE took the lead in organising this
- As part of the childhood obesity plan, the start of the first of food group roundtables with the food and drink industry to discuss targets
- PHE’s Chief Nurse Directorate has been designated the first Nursing and Midwifery Public Health Collaborating Centre
- PHE’s National Cancer Registration Service has been shortlisted for the 2016 Civil Service Awards.