31st July 2017
Short weekly update from the CEO of Public Health England (PHE), including:
- Publication of the Government’s Air Quality plan, and Local Authorities have been given a central role, with PHE tasked with providing close support.
- NICE and PHE recently published joint guidance on outdoor air quality and health
- World Hepatitis Day – PHE has published Hepatitis C in the UK, a report which shows there has been a further decline in UK deaths over the past two years
- PHE’s national sugar reduction programme is well underway, and the food industry is fully engaged and on the case
- New employer toolkits to help improve the health of their workforce