22nd November 2022
The iHV has a committed and highly regarded team, with professional expertise in numerous public health priority topics for babies, young children and families. We also engage with practitioners and parents/carers to support the co-production of our work and outputs through our Health Visitor Advisory Forum, regular networking events, surveys, and bespoke project and training co-production groups.
To strengthen the iHV team we have recently reached out for and appointed some new iHV Expert Advisers to join our existing advisers, for a range of specific specialist topics. These are health visitors and leading experts in their field and their role is to offer expert subject guidance, to support the work of the iHV.
We are delighted to announce our select group of health visitor subject matter experts:
- Gail Barker – iHV Expert Adviser: Infant Feeding
- Dr Tanya Dennis – iHV Expert Adviser: Domestic Abuse
- Professor Helen Bedford – iHV Expert Adviser: Immunisations @HelenEBedford
- Professor Sally Kendall MBE – iHV Expert Adviser: Research @sally_kendall
- Dr Michael Fanner – iHV Expert Adviser: Safeguarding
- Dr Sarah Redsell – iHV Expert Adviser: Healthy Weight, Healthy Nutrition @SarahRedsell
- Kirsty Jacques and Nikki Freeman – iHV Expert Advisers: Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND)