14th August 2017
The Institute of Health Visiting is delighted to offer partnership support once again to the national HV week 2017 – upcoming next week – 21 – 25 August 2017.
The themes for the week have just been published by CPHVA with a different clinical practice focus for each day of the week.
- Monday (21 Aug) focus – materials to support safeguarding practice
- Tuesday (22 Aug) focus – resources for healthy weight and the family
- Wednesday (23 Aug) focus – supporting the health conversation – oral health, accidents, lifestyle and exercise and thinking about the needs of migrants and vulnerable groups
- Thursday (24 Aug) focus – raising the profile of maternal and infant mental health
- Friday (25 Aug) focus – Transition: midwife to health visitor, health visitor to school nurse
iHV Support for #HVWeek
For our part, we are planning to support and reinvigorate your practice by highlighting different iHV resources that will support excellence in your practice aligned to each of the published themes.
We are really looking forward to sharing our bite-sized CPD once again with you – from excellent iHV e-learning programmes, to peer-reviewed, evidence-based iHV Good Practice Points and invaluable iHV Parent Tips, and finally our brilliantly reflective Voices blogs from practitioners.
Do check our website, Facebook and Twitter feeds for news and resources throughout the week in support of our national health visiting week #HVweek.
Some of the products highlighted will be those that are freely accessible on our website to non-members. However, if you like what you see and would like to access our extensive full range of resources join us for just £6.50 a month. Remember subscriptions for our professional membership attract tax relief as the iHV is now HMRC approved. As a basic rate tax payer, this could mean relief of over £15 a year on your annual subscription.
We are also really keen to hear from you – practitioners, Associate members, Champions and Fellows about any of your activity during national HV week – share your news with us!
- Let’s try and beat the reach of last year – tell us about your local contributions in your local community on each day – using our hashtag #ProudtobeaHV.
- If you would still like to write a short Voices piece for our website during #HVweek around one of the themes do get in touch as it is not too late. Contact: [email protected]