Multi-Agency Perinatal & Infant Mental Health Champions Training for Individuals
Last few places available – Perinatal & Infant Mental Health Champions Training Programme
- Wednesday 15 & Thursday 16 September 2021 (both days to be attended) – 09:00-16:15 online – log in from 08:45
- Half-day cascade training meeting – 13 December 2021 (09:00-13:30) – The follow up half day is an integral part of the programme – please ensure you attend.
- £415 iHV Members/ £450 Non-Members
This is an opportunity to book a place on our hosted training event which provides an opportunity for individual practitioners to complete our programme. Our multi-agency Perinatal & Infant Mental Health Champions training programme is designed to improve family mental health by:
- increasing competence and confidence in perinatal and infant mental health practice
- developing place-based leadership for perinatal and infant mental health across complex systems of care
- raising awareness of the importance of perinatal and infant mental health across the workforce
The online delivery format models our highly acclaimed face-to-face programme and will equip Champions with the necessary understanding, knowledge and competence to lead on PIMH in their local areas.
Following the training, each Champion will receive resources enabling them to cascade the training (COVID-19 permitting) onwards to their colleagues either face-to-face or virtually. The iHV will provide both face-to-face and online format training resources to support this.
Aim of Multi-Agency Perinatal & Infant Mental Health (PIMH) Champions training:
The programme is designed for a multi-agency audience, to build advocacy for both perinatal and infant mental health, making a clear link between infant and parental mental health through developing an understanding of the evidence around PIMH.
The training addresses the fundamental requirements that are necessary for all those who work with mothers and their families in the perinatal period to manage mild to moderate perinatal mental illness, to understand and recognise some the impact of these disorders on the infant, their family and society, and to know when to refer on.
Additionally, the training programme equips the Champion with materials to deliver a cascade of multi-agency PIMH Awareness level training for colleagues.
Participating in this training will equip you for the PIMH Champion’s role over the following modules:
- Perinatal mental illness and why it matters
- Recognition and detection of perinatal mental illness
- Transition to parenthood and the significance of building relationships
- Infant observations and parallel processes
- Safeguarding and risk
- Everyone’s business: your role, communication and interventions
More about the programme:
How to book
Reservations are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis on receipt of a completed application form indicating line management support and access to funding. We ask you to provide your finance dept details and activate finance processes e.g. raising a purchase order to cover your place when you send your application.
Please return your completed application form to [email protected]
By the end of 2020 we have trained over 2,300 Champions for PIMH across the UK.
“Best training I have had, really enjoyed how easy it was to access, build rapport with others on the training and the trainers. I think that was solely down to the trainers positive engaging energy that echoed back in the room – really well delivered!”
“Thank you so much to all involved in the administration, creation and delivery of the event. It was clear that a huge amount of thought had gone into it and it was an amazing online event to attend”