Maternity Perinatal Mental Health Champions training – NEW!!
Aim of Maternity Perinatal Mental Health Champions training:
The programme is designed to build advocacy for perinatal mental health amongst the maternity workforce, developing an understanding of the evidence around PMH and equipping the Maternity PMH Champion with materials to deliver a cascade of Awareness level training for PMH to their colleagues.
Having a maternity focus, this training aims to embed good practice and promote and strengthen Local Maternity Systems (LMS), in turn supporting the opportunity for good outcomes for families affected by perinatal mental illness, raising parity of esteem for mental health and reducing health inequalities at a local level.
To support the Maternity PMH Champions in their delivery of PMH Awareness training (as part of the Champion role) we have modified the programme they have access to with a range of flexible length programmes. Options include:
- Bite-sized 90 minute programmes on a series of PMH topics
- Half day PMH Awareness training
- One day PMH Awareness training
Participating in this training will equip you for the Maternity PMH Champion role over the following modules:
- Perinatal mental illness and why it matters
- Recognition and detection of perinatal mental illness
- Impact of parental mental health on the infant
- Safeguarding and risk
- Networks and pathways
- Everyone’s business: your role, communication and interventions
More about programme:
We are currently seeking external accreditation for this programme by the CPD Standards Office as one of the mechanisms of high quality training.