iHV Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Champions training
NEW!! Opportunity to join the iHV Champion Movement
The Institute is delighted to be offering health visitors the opportunity to undertake our new award-winning, integrated Perinatal and Infant Mental Health (PIMH) Champions programme.
Date: 1 and 2 March 2018
The Institute of Health Visiting Champion training has now been running for 4 years. Our first perinatal mental health (PMH) champion health visitors (HV) were trained in 2013, using funding from the Department of Health. Having now created 573 HV PMH Champions, 298 IMH Champions and over 500 multi-agency PIMH Champions we have learnt much and have combined this in our new award winning accredited integrated PIMH Champions programme!
We know through our ongoing relationships with Champions that they have achieved great things through their Champion role, much more than the cascade of training and a huge challenge alongside the day job! We also know that some organisations are now without Champions due to changes in role, shifts in organisational boundaries, changes in commissioning and retirement.
This opportunity is also suitable for:
- current PMH and IMH Health Visitor Champions who undertook the initial wave of Champion training to refresh knowledge base and update resources;
- creating new PIMH Health Visitor Champions.
The Institute has a very credible track record for delivery in up-skilling health visitors through our Champions programme so that they are able to:
- Recognise those that may be at risk of, or are suffering from perinatal mental illness (PMI)
- Detect perinatal mental illness (PMI) and infant mental health problems at the earliest opportunity
- Understand how PMI may affect the parent-infant relationship and child outcomes across the life-course
- Know how to manage mild to moderate PMI
- Confidently refer mothers and fathers/partners and families to the right service in a timely manner
- Feel confident to recognise and manage risk in relation to: suicide, self-harm, risk to others and safeguarding
- Act as leaders of the PMH and IMH agenda at a local and national level
This training equips HVs with the confidence, competence and commitment to strengthen and progress their leadership of these key public health issues at the local level in a way that is acceptable and feasible in the current context of practice. The training supports the delivery of a cascade of awareness training which is suited to a multi-agency audience ensuring all our colleagues working perinatally have access to high quality PIMH awareness training, with the aim of improving outcomes for women and their families.
We have no central funding to support delivery of this currently, but we can offer this training at very competitive rates. In terms of return on investment, this training offers areas and organisations a very cost-efficient programme through providing them with place-based leaders in PIMH.
Non-members – £425
Members – £395
This covers the two-day programme and resources (Champion Training pack, USB presentation and training resources – worth £125)
Champions will be eligible to become members to the regional iHV PIMH Forums upon successful completion of the programme.
Places can be booked:
- Online – (payment required at time of booking)
- Offline using the Offline booking form here – (funding authorisation evidence required)
We anticipate that places will go very quickly – so book without delay!
If you are interested in attending the event – but work in the South of England or Wales please let us know at: Training@ihv.org.uk as we are keen to offer a further event accessible to health visitors working in other parts of the country and will publish a date for this shortly.