Multi-Agency | Fathers & Perinatal Mental Health Champions Training Programme
Bookings now open - 1 November 2022
We are delighted this event will be co-delivered by Kieran Anders, Project Manager of Dad Matters, and a nationally respected voice in this important area of mental health – https://dadmatters.org.uk/. The new online delivery format models our highly acclaimed face-to-face programme for PIMH and will equip Champions with the necessary understanding, knowledge and competence to lead on father’s perinatal mental health in their local areas.
- 1 November 2022 – Bookings now open
Cost of places:
- £225 – iHV Member (membership number required for booking)
- £250 – Non-member
Information for participants:
How do I apply?
Please download and complete the application form and send to [email protected]
About Multi-Agency Fathers and Perinatal Mental Health Champions Training
The new online delivery format models our highly acclaimed face-to-face programme for PIMH and will equip Champions with the necessary understanding, knowledge and competence to lead on fathers’ perinatal mental health in their local areas.
Aim of Multi-Agency Fathers and Perinatal Mental Health Champions training:
Our multi-agency Fathers & PMH Champions training programme is designed to improve family mental health by:
- increasing competence and confidence in perinatal mental health practice, working with a whole family inclusive approach
- developing place-based leadership for fathers / partners mental health issues in the perinatal period
- raising awareness of the significance of fathers / partners wellbeing for the whole family with the workforce
The programme is designed to build advocacy for parental mental health amongst practitioners working perinatally with families by improving knowledge about the mental health of fathers in the perinatal period. The training aims to enable them to develop both the mindset and the skills required to engage effectively and work successfully in partnership with fathers to foster good paternal, infant and family mental health. As with our other Champions programmes, the Champion becomes a local resource for the subject and is equipped with materials needed to deliver a cascade of multi-agency Awareness level training to their colleagues to support their practice.
Participating in this training will equip you for the Fathers and PMH Champion role over the following modules:
- Role of fathers and transition to fatherhood
- Contemporary policy and research related to paternal mental health
- Impact of paternal mental illness on the father and his family
- Recognition and detection of paternal perinatal mental illness
- Challenges, risks and responsibilities relating to paternal mental illness
- Building father-inclusive services and engaging fathers through father-inclusive practice