Changing Conversations: Ambassadors for Autism
In 2020, the Burdett Trust for Nursing supported the iHV to co-develop, in partnership with families and field experts, a range of online resources for health visitors to support their role with children with autism and their families. We are excited to offer an opportunity for health visitors from across the UK to train as Changing Conversations: Ambassadors for Autism.
Attendance at an event will support health visitors to become “Ambassadors for Changing Conversations” – about autism. As part of your role, you will promote the importance of family-centred support for families of autistic children within your local area, taking an active role in leading this very important agenda. These training events will be virtual and have been designed to be interactive, including expert speakers, parents with lived experience and introduction to the resources. We will share resources, including a 1-hour awareness session for you to cascade your learning to your team. All resources will become available to those who train following the event.
The aims of the training event are to:
- Increase understanding and insight into the impact of autism on families
- Equip health visitors to be local Ambassadors for Changing Conversations
- Introduce and provide resources to support and cascade best practice
- Opportunity for networking
Event fees will include access to additional resources including:
- Good Practice Points, Parent Tips, parent and child stories, films, and case studies.
- Training resources (PowerPoint slides and collated research and literature to share with colleagues
Commitment following training
To be a local Ambassador for Changing Conversations for Autism and use the training materials provided to cascade learning to your colleagues
How do I apply?
At this stage we are asking for expressions of interest to attend the programme.
Confirm your interest with [email protected]