Opportunity to join our expanding team as an Expert Adviser for Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion.
The Institute of Health Visiting is fully committed to the active promotion of equality and diversity in everything that we do. We recognise, both as an employer and as an organisation, that we have much more to do to ensure that the values of equality, diversity and inclusion are reflected and reinforced in everything we do and at every level in our organisation. Alongside the work that we are already leading in this area to support inclusive practice, we are seeking to strengthen our response by recruiting to a new position of iHV Expert Adviser in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. This appointment will join our growing team of iHV Expert Advisers who play a critical part in ensuring that the perspectives of our members are represented by providing expert guidance and constructive challenge to ensure that the iHV’s decisions and policy positions are rooted in current practice and evidence.
Help us achieve our ambitions: We want to enable a compassionate and inclusive organisational culture that values diversity and demonstrates due regards to the characteristics of the Equality Act (2010) through our employment practices, the work that we do, and the products and resources that we produce. We are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our staff and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
Our equality and diversity strategy for improvement focuses on 3 overarching objectives:
- Understanding and working with diverse communities
- Accessible services and products
- Leadership and organisational commitment to equality and diversity
All our Expert Adviser positions are voluntary roles, however there are many benefits of being an iHV expert adviser:
- Opportunity to work with the UK’s leading health visiting professional body.
- Opportunity to shape iHV policy and, through engagement in national forums as a representative of the iHV, influence national policy.
- Being recognised as an iHV ‘Expert Adviser’ – you can use this title and will be included as part of our iHV Expert Adviser team on the iHV website.
- iHV CEO and senior management team’s support of the role.
- Opportunity to work alongside other experts from across the UK.
- iHV will cover expenses related to this role in line with iHV Expenses policy.
Closing date for expressions of interest to be submitted is 5pm on 7 July 2023.
Find out more about our iHV Expert Advisers here.