27th March 2020
We are delighted to launch a series of COVID-19 professional advice documents today to support the safe and effective delivery of health visiting practice during the global pandemic.
These resources have been developed in partnership with Public Health England by the professional team at the Institute of Health Visiting. We hope that you will find them helpful as we all change the way we work in response to the Government’s “Stay at Home” advice.
The new documents in our Delivering the Health Visitor Healthy Child Programme during the COVID-19 pandemic – Professional advice to support best practice include:
- The Antenatal Contact
- The New Birth Visit
- Virtual Contacts by Health Visitors
- Working with Vulnerable Families
We will be publishing professional advice on Perinatal Mental Health next week.
As the COVID-19 situation is rapidly changing, the information in these resources may change. Please keep checking the Government and NHS websites for details.
New COVID-19 webpages
- For Health Visitors – These new professional advice documents can be found on our COVID-19 (coronavirus) guidance for health visitors webpage – https://iHV.org.uk/COVID-19
- For parents and families – The iHV is dedicated to supporting the health and wellbeing of all families and we are putting together links and resources from trusted organisations and websites to support parents and families during the COVID-19 pandemic – please see our Parenting through Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage – https://iHV.org.uk/ParentingCOVID19
We have waivered our usual restrictions on resources for members and the COVID-19 sections of our website are “free access” to all to support the national response to this pandemic.
Thank you to every single health visitor and member of a health visiting team across the UK from all of us at the Institute of Health Visiting– we know that you are all going the extra mile to support the children and families in your area. You are all heroes.
Notes to editors
For more information please contact: Julie Cooper on 07508 344716 or [email protected]
About the Institute of Health Visiting (iHV)
- The Institute of Health Visiting is a UK Centre of Excellence supporting the development of universally high-quality health visiting practice. It was launched on 28 November 2012 to promote excellence in health visiting practice to benefit all children, families and communities.
- The aim for the iHV is to raise standards in health visiting practice, so improving public health outcomes for all children, families and communities.
- For more information go to ihv.org.uk
- Follow the Institute of Health Visiting on Twitter @iHealthVisiting and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/iHealthVisiting