16th July 2021
Changing Conversations: Ambassadors for Autism
In 2020, the Burdett Trust for Nursing supported the iHV to co-develop a range of online resources for health visitors to support their role with children with autism and their families in partnership with families and field experts. We are excited to offer an opportunity for health visitors from across the UK to train as Changing Conversations: Ambassadors for Autism.
- Thursday 30 September – 09:00-13:00 (via Zoom)
- Suitable for: Health Visitors with an interest in sharing with colleagues
- Cost: £160 iHV Members – members are given priority booking to new events. £175 (Non-members).
Attendance at an event will support health visitors to become “Ambassadors for Changing Conversations” – about autism. As part of your role, you will promote the importance of family-centred support for families of autistic children within your local area, taking an active role in leading this very important agenda. These training events will be virtual and have been designed to be interactive, including expert speakers, parents with lived experience and introduction to the resources. We will share resources, including a 1-hour awareness session for you to cascade your learning to your team. All resources will become available to those who train following the event.
How do I apply?
- At this stage, we are asking for expressions of interest to attend the programme.
- Places cost £160 (iHV Members) for the half-day programme and members are offered priority booking for this new programme. Any remaining places will be offered to non-members at an undiscounted cost of £175 (Non-members).
- To secure places we ask health visitors who have secured funding for their place to complete an application form and register formally for the programme.
To confirm your interest and register formally for the programme, please contact [email protected]