We are delighted to announce that our first Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Conference will be held on 24 April 2018 in Manchester – the iHV National Multi-agency Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Conference: The hidden challenges.
This multi-agency conference is a brilliant opportunity to get the latest updates and evidence in perinatal and infant mental health.
As well as stimulating learning through debate and discussion via presentations from internationally-acclaimed speakers, the day will offer focused opportunities to learn from each other through sharing best and promising practice in PIMH.
Please see programme.
This conference will bring together all partners interested in being the change for enabling good perinatal and infant mental health; including but not limited to iHV Perinatal and Infant Mental Health (PIMH) Champions, third sector organisations, citizens with lived experience, GPs, health visitors, midwives, obstetricians, psychologists , psychiatrists, paediatricians, researchers and commissioners.
The theme of the conference is Perinatal and Infant Mental Health: The hidden challenges. Perinatal and Infant Mental Health is incredibly complex and we know that much need isn’t conspicuous, for example domestic violence and relationship breakdown often stay hidden whilst having a colossal impact on a family and children’s futures not to mention society and the economy. The conference will concentrate on some of the most complex challenges related to perinatal and infant mental health, what it feels like to experience these challenges, what the developing evidence base is telling us and what you can do about it.
- refresh and extend their existing knowledge
- learn from cutting-edge researchers and other national experts
- be updated on recent national developments in perinatal mental health
- have the opportunity to reflect on the many hidden issues potentially underlying a mother or father’s perinatal mental illness
- benefit from being part of a multi-agency group of delegates all contributing to the perinatal mental health pathway to network with and learn from
- for iHV PIMH Champions – come together as a group to network and learn from one another’s training and innovations.
Call for abstracts
The iHV is delighted to offer you an opportunity to showcase your work in Perinatal and Infant Mental Health (PIMH) at the iHV National Multi-agency Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Conference: The hidden challenges.
Abstracts are welcome in areas of new research and local innovations in the fields of perinatal and/or infant mental health. The abstract should be no more than 250 words and provide an overview clearly demonstrating excellence, innovation and novel approaches to improve outcomes in perinatal and/or infant mental health.
Please submit your abstract as a Microsoft Word document to Julie.Cooper@ihv.org.uk.
- Tue 13 March 2018 – Abstract submission deadline
- 14 – 26 March – iHV peer-review process on submissions
- Tue 27 March 2018 – participants informed of acceptance of abstracts for a poster. Full guidance on the poster format will be provided if your abstract is successful.
- Tue 10 April 2018 – Poster deadline for conference
- Tue 24 April 2018 – Poster presentations at the iHV National Multi-agency Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Conference: The hidden challenges in Manchester
It is important that you book to secure your conference place on or before the final registration deadline for accepting your offer to present.
Early bird tickets (for iHV Champions, iHV members and non-members) are available until 29 March 2018, so don’t miss them!
Delegate fees and to book your place
Conference rate includes full attendance at the conference and includes all refreshments, lunch and delegate materials.
|iHV Champion with iHV Membership||£65||£95|
|iHV Champion without iHV Membership||£95||£125|
|Student** iHV member||£50||£50|
* Earlybird tickets (for iHV Champions, iHV members and non-members) are available until 29 March 2018.
** Limited student places available. Suitable for SCPHN, midwife, maternity, medical, mental health, social work and allied health students.
Group Bookings – Group bookings can be made via the online booking page. If booking 5 or more places, please use discount code ‘iHVGroup2018’ to receive 20% off full-price tickets (excluding Student tickets).
Photography, audio and video recording
By registering to attend the iHV evidence-based practice conference 2018, you grant permission to the Institute of Health Visiting to take and use your photo and/or video in marketing and promotional pieces, written publications, videos, and on the iHV website for an indefinite period of time.Book now