iHV Annual Leadership Conference
and Annual Event 2019
Leadership for the Future
The programme includes leading speakers and experts, and peer-to-peer networking opportunities. This is a MUST ATTEND event in 2019 for health visitors, iHV Fellows, service leads and public health commissioners with a limited number of places available to SCPHN Students.
To re-energise, educate and motivate health visitor leaders
- Create networking and learning opportunities for health visitor leaders across the UK.
- Share models of excellence in commissioning and leadership.
- To re-energise those working in difficult circumstances.
- To inspire with new ideas for practice
iHV Event 2017, 28 Portland Place, London. Picture: www.matthewwalkerphotography.com
Prices and details of early bird dates
Limited EARLY BIRD tickets available until 11 October 2019 or until sold out. Once sold, standard rates will apply. Please book early to secure these great discounts and avoid disappointment.
NB. iHV Fellow Member tickets are ONLY for iHV Fellows who are also ACTIVE members of the Institute. If you are an iHV Fellow WITHOUT membership, please select the Non-Member ticket. Any bookings made incorrectly will be cancelled/refunded so please ensure you choose the correct ticket type.
How to book
All bookings MUST be made via our Eventbrite booking page.
Please BOOK YOUR PLACE TODAY to avoid disappointment.
Are you awaiting confirmation of funding from your employer?
Did you know that you can reserve your place while you are waiting for confirmation of funding from your employer? We will provisionally hold your place for you for a period of two weeks from date of booking while you confirm funding. Just proceed to book your place ensuring you choose payment method as “Pay by invoice” and that the box for “Pending confirmation of funding from employer” is ticked. This will reserve your place without having to pay anything upfront. If, for whatever reason, your funding is not agreed, please notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we do not receive confirmation/purchase order within two weeks, we will contact you by email to confirm that your place has been released for general sale.
Payment by credit/debit card
Please proceed to the Eventbrite booking page to complete your purchase. The payment option for all ticket types is automatically set to pay by this method.
Payment by cheque/invoice
If you are unable to pay online using a debit/credit card, please pick “Pay by Invoice” from the drop down menu*. You will be prompted to confirm whether you have funding from your organisation. If so, please enter the billing information (name and address of organisation and purchase order number) when requested. If you do not have confirmation of funding yet and are booking to secure early bird rates, please ensure that you email confirmation of funding and billing details as soon as you can to email@example.com.
*Please note, there is a £10 additional administration charge for invoicing. This charge is per invoice and is non-refundable.
Venue and directions
Leadership for the Future
Venue: Woburn House Conference Centre, 20-24 Tavistock Square, King’s Cross, London WC1H 9HQ
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Woburn House Conference Centre is situated near Euston Station, London.
For further information about the location of the venue including train, bus and car parking information, please visit http://www.woburnhouse.co.uk/contact
Full postal address: Woburn House Conference Centre, 20-24 Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9HQ.
When will I know I have arrived?
On arrival at the venue, you will enter a reception area. The iHV conference registration desk will be situated on the right hand side of the reception area where you will be met by members of the iHV team. If you have any problems on the day please contact us on 07712 123705.
The programme is well under way – the latest one is here.
We have an exciting line up of speakers at our leadership event this year and will be discussing the next steps for our new Vision for health visiting. Confirmed speakers include Professor Sir Al Aynsley-Green, former first Children’s Commissioner for England and author of ‘The British Betrayal of Childhood’, Professor of Play, Paul Ramchandani, Professor Dame Sue Hill DBE, Chief Scientific Officer NHS England and Jim McManus, Association of Directors of Public Health among many others.
Tickets are selling fast so book your place today!
We are updating this section with speaker blurbs as we post them out on social media..so keep an eye open for the latest updates!
What can I expect - last year's conference feedback
What a fabulous inspiring and energising day we had on Tuesday 4 December 2018 at the iHV leadership conference and annual celebration event! With over 160 delegates plus speakers and exhibitors, the room was buzzing all day. Our expert speakers were amazing and shared their key messages to the rapt audience.
Do I need to be a member?
You don’t have to be a member to attend the conference, there are several different ticket options. However, you will receive discounted rates as an iHV member attending this event.
I have forgotten my iHV Membership number, what do I do?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our membership team will be able to provide this for you.
What do the fees include?
Fees include all day access to the event, refreshments and lunch. Travel or accommodation is not included. Shared places are not permitted.
I/We need to pay by invoice, how do we do this?
If you are unable to pay online using a debit/credit card, please proceed to our Eventbrite booking page and select “Pay by Invoice” from the drop down menu*. You will be prompted to confirm whether you have funding from your organisation. If so, please enter the billing information (name and address of organisation and purchase order number) when requested. If you do not yet have confirmation of funding and are booking to secure early bird rates, please ensure that you email confirmation of funding and billing details as soon as you can to email@example.com.
*If you choose to pay for your ticket(s) by invoice, your place at the conference will only be reserved. Your place is not guaranteed until full payment has been received.
Please note all invoices are subject to an additional £10 admin charges. This is payable per invoice and is not refundable.
What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellations will be accepted in writing BY EMAIL ONLY; verbal cancellations will not be accepted at any time. Should you need to cancel, please send your cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations received on/prior to 5pm on Friday 1 November 2019 will be refunded in full subject to a £10 administration fee; any outstanding invoices awaiting payment at the time of cancellation are subject to the same terms and conditions.
Cancellations received after 5pm on 5pm on Friday 1 November 2019 will not be refunded. However, you can transfer your booked place to a colleague but MUST notify us in writing of any name changes by email to email@example.com AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. You will need to confirm the title, name, job title, employing organisation and email address of the new attendee together with any dietary or other requirements.
Will speaker presentations be available at the conference?
Speaker presentations will not be available at the event due to some speakers still working on them up until the day of the conference. However, most presentations, where a speaker has given permission, will be available to delegates after the conference. We will endeavour to send these to you within two weeks of the date of the conference.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
You can contact us with any queries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to (0) 207 265 7352.
What’s the refund policy?
Please view Clauses 10 to 12 of our terms and conditions (available below) for confirmation of our refund policy.
Will I receive a ticket to the event?
No. You will receive a confirmation email but will not receive an actual ticket.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes – please send any updates to email@example.com
Is my ticket transferrable?
Yes – if you are unable to attend, you must inform the event organiser in writing as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org with full details of the new delegate details including title, full name, job title, employing organisation and email address. Please refer to Clause 11 of the terms and conditions.
I have specific dietary requirements. What do I need to do?
Please notify us at the time of booking with any dietary requirements you may need for the conference. Alternatively, please email email@example.com.
I have other requirements. What should I do?
Please notify us at the time of booking should you have any other requirements. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions
By completing this transaction, you agree to the following terms and conditions: –
- The price of your ticket includes complimentary refreshments, lunch and conference materials.
- Registrations can only be accepted on receipt of a completed Eventbrite booking.
- An Eventbrite booking constitutes a legally binding agreement to pay any invoices raised associated with registration including any cancellation fees as detailed below.
- No paper or electronic tickets will be issued for this event.
- If you choose to pay for your ticket(s) by credit/debit card, following completion of the Eventbrite booking, your place at the conference will be confirmed immediately.
- If you choose to pay for your ticket(s) by invoice, your place at the conference will only be reserved. Your place is not guaranteed until full payment has been received.
- All invoices and cheques must be processed/paid prior to the event. Failure to do so may lead to your entrance to the conference being refused.
- We will write to all confirmed delegates around 2 weeks prior to the event with further event information. If you have not heard from us by 22nd November 2019 at the latest, it is your responsibility to contact us to ensure your place is booked.
- Cancellations will be accepted in writing BY EMAIL ONLY; verbal cancellations will not be accepted at any time. Should you need to cancel, please send your cancellation request to email@example.com.
- Cancellations received on/prior to 5pm on Friday 1st November 2019 will be refunded in full subject to a £10 administration fee; any outstanding invoices awaiting payment at the time of cancellation are subject to the same terms and conditions.
- Cancellations received after 5pm on Friday 1st November 2019 will not be refunded. However, you can transfer your booked place to a colleague but MUST notify us in writing of any name changes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. You will need to confirm the title, name, job title, employing organisation and email address of the new attendee together with any dietary or other requirements.
- In the unlikely event that the Conference is cancelled by the iHV due to unforeseen circumstances, the ticket cost will be refunded in full (via the original payment method) but any travel or accommodation arranged by the delegate shall not be covered/refunded.
- The iHV reserve the right to make necessary changes to the conference programme (which may include speakers).