1 March 2019 – The Institute is proud to announce that Dr Paul Williams MP, Chair of the First 1000 Days of Life inquiry for the Health and Social Care Select Committee, is to address the Institute of Health Visiting conference on 9 May in Manchester.
Health for All Children has a proud heritage as the ‘almanac’ for evidence-based child health promotion, dating back as it does to the first edition in 1989. 2019 sees the launch of the 5th Edition under the expert oversight of its new editor, Professor Alan Emond.
Health for All Children 5th edition supplies the latest evidence to inform child health promotion and the work of the health visitor so it feels timely for us to use this year’s conference to look at this new evidence in some depth with many of the chapter authors providing presentations related to their content.
We are delighted that Professor Emond will be headlining the conference for us.
This conference is the must-attend event in 2019 for those interested in evidence-based infant and family public health and health visiting to come together to hear the latest guidance and recommendations. This will include but not be limited to health visitors, NHS employers, local authority commissioners and employers, government officials, third sector organisations, GPs, midwives, obstetricians, paediatricians, researchers and parents with lived experience. A limited number of places will also be made available to SCPHN students.
The conference will be held on Thursday 9th May 2019 at King’s House Conference Centre, King’s Church, Sidney Street, Manchester M1 7HB.
To introduce the audience to the latest guidance and recommendations included in the fifth edition of Health for All Children
- To hear the latest evidence and recommendations from Health for All Children
- To learn from cutting edge researchers and other national experts (including many chapter authors from Health for All Children 5) about the latest evidence for child health promotion
- To be updated on recent national developments for health visiting
- To benefit from being part of a multi-professional group of delegates all concerned with helping give every baby the best start in life
- Peer to peer networking opportunities
- To gain CPD points for revalidation
Tickets are available now with discounts for iHV members, as well as a special conference offer on group bookings (applies to our ‘buy 4 or more tickets in one transaction, get 1 free’ conference offer – further details below – conditions apply).
We are pleased to be able to offer further discounts through our earlybird offer (available until 29th March 2019 ONLY). Please visit the “Prices” section below for further details.
Prices and details of conference offer
Conference rate includes full attendance at the conference and includes all refreshments, lunch and delegate materials.
|Early Bird (until 29th March 2019)||Standard Rate (from 30th March 2019)|
Don’t forget to take advantage of our earlybird rates that end on 29th March 2019.
*When buying four or more tickets in one transaction for attendees from the same organisation. Excludes bulk purchase of Student tickets. Only one free place may be claimed per organisation.
To secure your free place, book four or more places in one transaction via our Eventbrite booking system, then complete and submit the claim form for your free delegate place.
Following confirmation of validity, you will receive an email confirming the free place has been allocated.
Should you have any queries regarding this, please contact us by email to email@example.com.
Terms and conditions apply to all bookings – please see below or visit the online booking system for further details.
How to book
All bookings MUST be made via our Eventbrite booking page.
Please BOOK YOUR PLACE TODAY to avoid disappointment.
Payment by credit/debit card
Please proceed to the Eventbrite booking page to complete your purchase. The payment option for all ticket types is automatically set to pay by this method.
Payment by cheque/invoice
If you are unable to pay online using a debit/credit card, please pick “Pay by Invoice” from the drop down menu*. You will be prompted to confirm whether you have funding from your organisation. If so, please enter the billing information (name and address of organisation and purchase order number) when requested. If you do not have confirmation of funding yet and are booking to secure early bird rates, please ensure that you email confirmation of funding and billing details as soon as you can to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note, there is a £10 additional administration charge for invoicing. This charge is per invoice and is non-refundable.
Call for abstracts
UPDATE: 14th MARCH 2019
Many thanks for a fabulous response to our call for abstracts for this conference!
For those of you, who have submitted their abstracts, please note the timeline below.
- The abstract submission deadline was 28 February 2019.
- All submissions are currently undergoing an iHV peer-review process and participants will be informed of acceptance of abstracts for either oral presentation or or a poster shortly.
- Full guidance on the poster and oral presentation delivery format will be provided if your abstract is successful.
It is important that you book to secure your conference place on or before the final registration deadline for accepting your offer to present.
Venue and directions
iHV Evidence-based practice conference: Health for all children now
Venue: King’s House Conference Centre, King’s Church, Sidney Street, Manchester M1 7AB
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
King’s House Conference Centre is situated in Manchester City Centre’s thriving Knowledge Quarter.
For further information about the location of the venue including train, bus and car parking information, please visit http://bit.ly/2kkHEdp
Full postal address: King’s House Conference Centre, King’s Church. Sidney Street, Manchester M1 7HB.
When will I know I have arrived?
On arrival at the venue, you will enter a reception area. The iHV conference registration desk will be situated on the left hand side of the reception area where you will be met by members of the iHV team. If you have any problems on the day please contact us on 07712 123705.
The inspiring iHV evidence-based practice conference will include leading professionals and experts speaking on a number of different topics. Further details will be released as soon as confirmed, but we are delighted to confirm the following speakers to date: –
- Professor Alan Emond, Editor, Health for All Children 5th Edition and Professor of Child Health, Bristol University.
- Dr Paul Williams MP, Chair of the First 1000 Days of Life inquiry for the Health & Social Care Select Committee
- Professor Helen Bedford, Professor of Child Public Health, UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health.
- Professor Vivette Glover, Professor of Perinatal Psychobiology, Imperial College London.
- James McTaggart, Early Years Psychologist, Highland Council
- Pauline Beirne, National Lead AHP CYP, Scottish Government
As soon as the conference programme is available to share, we will update this page.
What can I expect - last year's conference feedback
Wow – what a conference!
Evidence-based practice promoting the Best Start in Life – 7th March 2018
Over 180 people filled the room at last year’s iHV evidence-based practice conference held in Manchester.
A great line up of speakers provided the latest evidence-based updates on a range of key public health issues, and also gained an early insight into the recommendations expected from Health for All Children (Hall) 5, due to be published in early 2019, and the evidence for ACEs.
It was a full and packed day – with keynote sessions and concurrent sessions. Lots was shared on social media using the hashtag #iHVconf18. You can catch up on the tweets from the day – read a Storify of the conference.
We had lots of amazing posters shared about health visiting practice during the day – well done to all who presented.
Please see below for just a snapshot of the amazing feedback we received last year!
Do I need to be a member?
You don’t have to be a member to attend the conference, there are several different ticket options, however you will receive discounted rates as an iHV member attending this event.
I have forgotten my iHV Membership number, what do I do?
Please email email@example.com and our membership team will be able to provide this for you.
What do the fees include?
Fees include all day access to the event, refreshments and lunch. Travel or accommodation is not included. Shared places are not permitted.
I/We need to pay by invoice, how do we do this?
If you are unable to pay online using a debit/credit card, please proceed to our Eventbrite booking page and select “Pay by Invoice” from the drop down menu*. You will be prompted to confirm whether you have funding from your organisation. If so, please enter the billing information (name and address of organisation and purchase order number) when requested. If you do not yet have confirmation of funding and are booking to secure early bird rates, please ensure that you email confirmation of funding and billing details as soon as you can to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you choose to pay for your ticket(s) by invoice, your place at the conference will only be reserved. Your place is not guaranteed until full payment has been received.
Please note all invoices are subject to an additional £10 admin charges. This is payable per invoice and is not refundable.
What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellations will be accepted in writing BY EMAIL ONLY; verbal cancellations will not be accepted at any time. Should you need to cancel, please send your cancellation request to email@example.com.
Cancellations received on/prior to 5pm on Friday 5th April 2019 will be refunded in full subject to a £10 administration fee; any outstanding invoices awaiting payment at the time of cancellation are subject to the same terms and conditions.
Cancellations received after 5pm on Friday 5th April 2019 will not be refunded. However, you can transfer your booked place to a colleague but MUST notify us in writing of any name changes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. You will need to confirm the title, name, job title, employing organisation and email address of the new attendee together with any dietary or other requirements.
Will speaker presentations be available at the conference?
Speaker presentations will not be available at the event due to the sheer volume of speakers and delegates. However, most presentations, where a speaker has given permission, will be available to delegates after the conference. We will endeavour to send these to you within two weeks of the date of the conference.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
You can contact us with any queries by email to email@example.com or by phone to (0) 207 265 7352.
What’s the refund policy?
Please view Clauses 11 and 12 of our terms and conditions (available below) for confirmation of our refund policy.
Will I receive a ticket to the event?
No. You will receive a confirmation email but will not receive an actual ticket.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes – please send any updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
Is my ticket transferrable?
Yes – if you are unable to attend, you must inform the event organiser in writing as soon as possible to email@example.com with full details of the new delegate details including title, full name, job title, employing organisation and email address. Please refer to Clause 12 of the terms and conditions.
I have specific dietary requirements. What do I need to do?
Please notify us at the time of booking with any dietary requirements you may need for the conference.
I have other requirements. What should I do?
Please notify us at the time of booking should you have any other requirements.
Terms and conditions
By completing the ticket transaction, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The price of your ticket includes complimentary refreshments, lunch and conference materials.
2. Registrations can only be accepted on receipt of a completed Eventbrite booking or, with regards to the organisational group discount for a free delegate place, an online claim form.
3. An Eventbrite booking constitutes a legally binding agreement to pay any invoices raised associated with registration including any cancellation fees as detailed below.
4. No paper or electronic tickets will be issued for this event.
5. If you choose to pay for your ticket(s) by credit/debit card, following completion of the Eventbrite booking, your place at the conference will be confirmed immediately.
6. If you choose to pay for your ticket(s) by invoice, your place at the conference will only be reserved. Your place is not guaranteed until full payment has been received.
7. All invoices and cheques must be processed/paid prior to the event. Failure to do so may lead to your entrance to the conference being refused.
8. Any bookings made using the group booking discount code that are deemed not eligible for the discount. i.e. attendees not from same organisation or inadequate number of tickets purchased as per the terms of the offer, shall not be accepted by the iHV and will be amended accordingly. We will contact you in writing to confirm this and, if necessary, a refund will be issued if payment has already been received.
9. We will write to all confirmed delegates around 2 weeks prior to the event with further information. If you have not heard from us by 25th April 2019, it is your responsibility to contact us to ensure your place is booked.
10. Cancellations will be accepted in writing BY EMAIL ONLY; verbal cancellations will not be accepted at any time. Should you need to cancel, please send your cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Cancellations received on/prior to 5pm on Friday 5th April 2019 will be refunded in full subject to a £10 administration fee; any outstanding invoices awaiting payment at the time of cancellation are subject to the same terms and conditions.
12. Cancellations received after 5pm on Friday 5th April 2019 will not be refunded. However, you can transfer your booked place to a colleague but MUST notify us in writing of any name changes by email to email@example.com AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. You will need to confirm the title, name, job title, employing organisation and email address of the new attendee together with any dietary or other requirements.
13. In the unlikely event that the Conference is cancelled by the iHV due to unforeseen circumstances, the ticket cost will be refunded in full (via the original payment method) but any travel or accommodation arranged by the delegate shall not be covered/refunded.
15. The iHV reserve the right to make necessary changes to the conference programme (which may include speakers).