25th August 2017
Short weekly update from the CEO of Public Health England (PHE), including:
- last year we saw the biggest drop in smoking among adults in a decade
- public understanding and engagement catching up with evidence,
- an article on the relationship between evidence and policy making
- launch of a consultation on a strategy for London
- launch of Active 10, a new physical activity campaign, urging people to do at least one brisk 10 minute walk a day
- PHE has worked with the Department of Communities and Local Government to provide guidance on creating healthier food environments.