According to figures from United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), we are now witnessing the highest levels of global displacement on record, with nearly 21.3 million refugees spread across the globe. Over half of these individuals are under the age of 18.
This one-day conference from the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH) will bring together professionals from a range of sectors to discuss the challenges they face, share knowledge and hear from those with significant expertise in this field. Expert-led workshops will cover key issues faced by many unaccompanied children, including child trafficking, mental health, transition and age assessment .
Hear from leading voices in the child refugee debate. Speakers already confirmed include:
- Lord Dubs, Labour Peer
- Phosphoros Theatre Company ‘Dear Home Office’
- Maurice Wren, Chief Executive of the Refugee Council
- Sarah Hammond from Kent County Council & The Home Office
- Dr Susannah Fairweather, Consultant Psychiatrist in a Specialist NHS Refugee Child & Family Mental Health Team (Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust)
- Kip Gibbens & Swati Pande, NSPCC Child Trafficking Centre
- The Children’s Society